Some of our favorite places to go when we're in Uganda!
- Emin Pasha Hotel Spa (above)- A respite in downtown. Relax by the pool for the day and get a poolside massage or pedicure if you fancy ($$-$$$) Image: Mark Sowers
- Lido Beach (Lake Victoria, Entebbe)- The busiest day to go is Sunday. Amazing fresh fish and chips on the beach! ($)
- Wildwaters Lodge- Stay a night or two in the safari-inspired rooms. Or just purchase a daypass with pool access $25 ($-$$$$).
- Weekend brunch at Serena Hotel. The buffet is the way to go and of course you must try the fresh juices ($$-$$$).
- Mukono Resort Hotel- Best local eats and ambience ($).
- Khana Khaza- By far the best Indian food I've had. Plus excellent customer service and design ($$-$$$).
- Cafe Javas- American-style cafe with great coffee and bites to eat. Full meals and reliable wifi available as well! Expat hangout ($-$$).
- There is never a shortage of entertainment events in Kampala. For a current selection, check out http://visitkampala.net/events/
- Gatto Matto has spectacular live music (and sambusas!) I heard the most amazing cover of Beyonce's XO here! ($-$$).
- Comedy, Latin dancing, and film at the National Theater ($-$$).
Cultural Heritage and Nature
- Kasubi Tombs- Royal tombs of the Baganda tribe, indigenous peoples of Kampala and central Uganda ($).
- Ssezibwa Falls- Buganda cultural heritage site where many people still come to make offerings in exchange for healing and miracles ($).
- The traditional dance performers at the National Theater are a must see! Featuring a range of traditional dances from across Uganda ($$).
- Entebbe Zoo- Get ahead of notorious Kampala traffic and spend a few hours here before your flight out of Entebbe. The best part: the monkeys have basically gone rogue ($).